View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 08:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
Jeffblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z32TT & 335xi Coupe
Jeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Labor cost of installing a new clutch

Just out of curiosity, what is the labor cost of installing a new clutch?

Anytime i see someone mention that they are going to buy a Z for their first MT car, lots of people say things like ' don't burn out your clutch' etc.... essentially, if you wear out your clutch because your drove the car poorly in the begining, and had to replace it several thousand miles earlier, it would be the end of the world. Based on the price of the clutch replacements they sell at the Z store.. (About 400 bucks) it doesn't seem like this would really be the most financially devastating part to replace. I mean... a new set of the sport tires cost more than the clutch and there are people out there are still people out there doing burnouts. then, some people have this notion that it is somehow more worthwhile to buy a beater or to rent a car to learn on. If someone mentions something of teaching their mom drive their car or anything that implied that someone other than a professional racing driver will be controlling the the third pedal, some people go ape****.

so am i missing something, or does the labor cost some outlandish amount that justifies all of the above sentiments?
Jeffblue is offline   Reply With Quote