View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 11:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
Spartan 1771
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Wife crazy & 09 370Z
Spartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Aftermarket Exhaust Installed & Service Engine Light Came on

On Saturday I installed a slightly used OEM Nismo CBE on my Z. I bought it from one of the other members on here. It only has around 2000 miles on it and looks brand new. Installation was a cinch. Took only about 35 minutes. After the install I drove the car for over an hour from Virginia to Baltimore with no problems. On Sunday I went for a 5 minute drive and the Service Engine Soon light came on. It came on and stayed on. When I got back to my house I remembered I forgot to reset the computer after the CBE install, so I disconnected the negative battery terminal and depressed the brake pedal to drain whatever was left in the system. After about a minute I reattached the cable. When I started the car the light was off. I figured, Problem solved! Wrong.

Today I went for a drive and within in 5 minutes the light came back on. I honestly can’t see how a stock Nismo CBE would cause this issue. I only disconnected the battery for about a minute. Should I do this for a longer period of time? I’m afraid if I bring it to the dealership they are going to give me a hard time about the mod. My Z only has 2075 miles on it and I haven’t done any other mods. I also read the owner’s manual and it said to check the gas cap. I did and it was on tight.

Any suggestions or thoughts on this?

-DD Air Guide, Stillen G3 CAIs, 63mm Throttle Bodies, Motordyne M370, Berk HFCs, FI TDX CBE (non-res, CF), Sprint booster v3, Ecutek Dyno Tuned, and the list goes on...
Spartan 1771 is offline   Reply With Quote