View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 09:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
BoostAddict
Base Member

Drives: 40th Anni 370Z
BoostAddict is on a distinguished road
Talking Finally Official...+1 for the 40th Anni club

The wait is finally over! I have to say it was certainly worth it. My eyes were set on the 370Z since late last year, but the color combo was up in the air. When the 40th Anniversary Z was announced I knew right then and there, THAT was the Z I wanted.

I immediately contacted one of our forum sponsors, Joe Clem at Koeppel Nissan, and left a deposit once he told me they were getting in at least 1 (turned out to be 2, the other due in April is still unaccounted for, FYI). And so the long wait began...

With the other threads regarding people getting their 40th Anniversary Z's in, I figured my time had to be near. Sure enough, I got the call last week that 'my' Z was here. I made arrangements to pick her up this past Saturday. After spending the afternoon at the dealership, thanks to my ins. co. taking their sweet time faxing over docs, I was finally on my way...me and my new lady...oh and my wife was there too :P

This break-in is certainly going to be tough. I've usually kept to the manufacturer's recommended break-in with occasional debauchery thrown in with previous cars/bikes, but after only 2 days, break-in is proving to be extremely hard with the Z. I've already had a jaunt with a fellow 350Z on the Saw Mill River Pkwy yesterday. Granted, I only have a tick under 300 mi (in 2 evenings of driving ) on the odo, but this car's handling is quite remarkable. Sigh, only 700 more miles to go...pray for me.

You're probably about to reply with TTIWWP, but you've seen enough pics of the 40th, right? Well, I'll post some pics, hopefully soon. I haven't had the opportunity to get some pics in decent daylight as I've been driving in the evenings...besides I've been having too much fun driving...who would want to stop to take pics??

I hope to see some of youZ on the road in the near future.

AK, how about a 40th Anniversary 370Z Owners Registry?

-BA
BoostAddict is offline   Reply With Quote