View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 08:24 AM   #467 (permalink)
Z1Performance
Base Member

Drives: 350Z
Z1Performance is on a distinguished road

Thanks Raul for taking the time out to try this out. I pm'd you but I'll post it here too since everyone should hear/see it. When I did the 75A (stiffer than yours) mount in my own car (350Z), I literally thought we had forgotten to reconnect my exhaust! I've got a build motor, Crawford headers, test pipes and a titanium exhaust. Everything inside the car resonated and was much louder. The rear glass had a noticeable resonance at the 2500-4000 rpm point. You even felt it in the steering wheel. This was done on a Saturday afternoon. I spoke to the engineer on it and he assured me to just keep driving it and it would settle in, so I did. It made a world of difference. By the following Wednesday, I had done around 350 miles in the car, a mix of highway and alot of backroad (so lots of shifting, accel/decel) and it had settled in perfectly. It was still a deeper sound in the cabin but none of the resonance was there.

If you've got some time to do some more miles, give it a go and let me know. I'll also talk internally and see what we can do about a lower durometer as well.

Thanks again!
Z1Performance is offline   Reply With Quote