View Single Post
Old 03-07-2010, 11:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
tjlazer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z34, R35
tjlazer is just really nicetjlazer is just really nicetjlazer is just really nicetjlazer is just really nice
Send a message via ICQ to tjlazer Send a message via MSN to tjlazer Send a message via Yahoo to tjlazer
Default Burning smells on new Z

I have a new Z and I am up to 2,000 miles on it. I get burning smells quite a bit. I think it's the clutch. I tend to have a hard time launching from 1st to 2nd. I have killed it a few dozen times already. I tend to clatter the clutch too. Just having a hard time with the damn clutch. I also have had a hard time getting into my garage as I have a dumb curb to go over and I get burning clutch just getting into the driveway. So my question is, is it normal to have burning smells well into 2,000 miles and when should I expect it to go away? I am thinking maybe I am just abusing my clutch! And yes I have been driving stick since 1988. ALL of my cars have been stick. Recently had a G35 and it was similar to the 370 but not nearly as bad! And I still have a 300ZX TT and the clutch is great on it.
tjlazer is offline   Reply With Quote