View Single Post
Old 03-07-2010, 06:03 PM   #32 (permalink)
BOLIO 671
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: To & From then Back
BOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scruffydog View Post
just as a curiousity, I was wondering if anyone here know how the Nismo Exhaust (Not the S-tune) but the H-Configuration that comes in a stock Nismo 370Z compares to these. I know the sound may not be as aggressive or loud, but I was wondering if anyone knows if the Nismo Exhaust actually has more gain in power than rest of these aftermarket exhaust systems?

The reason I ask is because I was kind of interested in getting the Nismo H-Config exhaust system if possible, but I could find any info on it. I did read some people that has a Nismo 370 swapping out for an aftermarket as upgrades....can anyone confirm of able to give any spec on it so I could compare it with the rest of these exhaust systems to help me make a decision. I know the price of the Nismo exhaust system will be easily twice as much, but I kind of want to stick if Nismo brand stuff unless there's a huge power difference between the aftermarkets and the Nismo H-Config pipe.
I know that the H-Configuration "Nismo" Exhaust is said to place an additional 18HP to the already 332HP Motor....Thereby advertising the Nismo Edition 370Z to have 350HP....This however is less than actual WHP. From what I've read on this site, there are other Aftermarket Exhaust Systems that produce more WHP for the Z than the Nismo Exhaust.

The reason why you can't find any "Nismo" stuff online yet or on their site is because from what I heard, "Nismo" is still in the process of R&D for this car...Also a friend who works at Nissan told me that "Nismo" won't release any aftermarkets for the 370Z anytime soon...Reason being is that if they were to offer their "Nismo" aftermarkets for the Z, then Nissan's sales of the "Nismo" would drop...this is supposidely an agreement that "Nismo" and Nissan made....makes sense...I mean why would you buy a "Nismo" Z when you could buy a base or sports package for less and buy the afterrmarket "Nismo's" later at a cheaper price then buying the Nismo package?
BOLIO 671 is offline   Reply With Quote