View Single Post
Old 03-13-2009, 01:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
chubbs
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2016 370z Auto-Grey
chubbs has a reputation beyond reputechubbs has a reputation beyond reputechubbs has a reputation beyond reputechubbs has a reputation beyond reputechubbs has a reputation beyond reputechubbs has a reputation beyond reputechubbs has a reputation beyond reputechubbs has a reputation beyond reputechubbs has a reputation beyond reputechubbs has a reputation beyond reputechubbs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDreamer View Post
The company I work for is based in England, I am in Texas, and my boss came up to me and told me about this, never heard of it before. Well apparently the head of our IT department said that for every ticket that is resolved today he would donate 20 pence (is that how you spell it?). So everyone is sending in ridiculous simple tickets.
Nice one! I hope he resolves them all!

Yeah, that's how you spell it - 100p (pence) = £1 (one pound). ...Our money became very simple in 1971. Before that, it was 240d (pence) = £1. That was subdivided into the following... a farthing (quarter of a penny) - a halfpenny (pronounced "hayp'nny") - 12d = one shilling - 24d = a florin - 30d = a half crown, etc.

Red Nose Day ( or Comic Relief, as it is properly known) was started as a TV telethon thing a few years ago, by a few well-known TV funnymen. It has become really popular, mainly because it enables people to have fun at work for one day in the year. It raises sh!tloads of cash for good causes - 50% spent in the UK and 50% spent abroad, mainly Africa.

'03 Grey >>> '06 Black >>>'10 Silver >>> '16 Grey ^
chubbs is offline   Reply With Quote