View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 06:10 PM   #898 (permalink)
OMG37
Base Member

Drives: 08 G37S 6MT
OMG37 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCZ View Post
I disagree. I think there is SO much more value in the Stillen kit considering the amount of testing and engineering that is currently going into this kit. If you are going to pay 5k+ for an SC, you aren't only considering price and hp figures. I have seen a lot of things that, to me, are worth much more than whatever dollar difference there is and that is even before we talk about the HP figures. Think about the fact that there is a water cooled intercooler inside the custom designed intake manifold. I'm not sure exactly where the comment about the "other" kit having more engineering going into it than the stillen one came from the other night....but I honestly fail to see how that is possible. I'm sure they will keep it competitive anyway.

I think when people are spending this much of their hard earned money they naturally tend to weigh many more aspects of the buying decision than they would for something cheaper. Price is never the #1 reason.

I'm going to agree with Travis and say this race is over.
You realize GTM has been working on the SC kit since pre-October right? They have been testing the kit on a 370Z since then as well. Do you have some inside information into how long Stillen has been working on their system? Because I do at GTM...

I think people will base their opinions on whatever they want...and it's unfortunate that some of them will be swayed by some of the garbage and just flat out bs that is spewed in forums.

I'm following this thread only because i'm interested in the development of both kits...but I wouldn't even dare try to imply that I know something I don't...

There are a few basic things that everyone will consider:

Price
Performance
Aesthetics (Looks)
Warranty Reservations/CARB

Reliability??? The systems are new...nobody can point a finger at which one is more reliable at this point.

You obviously think Stillen is amazing...I can tell by your sig...but try to refrain from unfounded opinion when you are trying to make an analysis please.

Here's what I've seen from both companies so far (correct me if I'm wrong):

GTM Stage 1 SC: 8PSI 420RWHP 330TQ - stock exhaust setup on a G37S 6MT Coupe - Price $4995.00 for Stage 1

Stillen SC (Stage ?): PSI? 422RWHP 310TQ - Stillen exhaust G37 Coupe 7AT - Price?

I haven't finished reading through the rest of the posts past this one, but feel free to correct me on anything I haven't read yet if you want.

Last edited by OMG37; 03-06-2010 at 06:34 PM. Reason: edit
OMG37 is offline   Reply With Quote