View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 01:39 PM   #3168 (permalink)
gleonard
Base Member

Drives: 370z Touring/Spt 6sp
gleonard has a spectacular aura aboutgleonard has a spectacular aura aboutgleonard has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by gleonard View Post
Just had my F.I. CBE with 18" resonators installed. The video clips don't do the sound justice. Sounds awesome. It growls nicely when you hit the throttle on acceleration. Cruising on the highway it is almost stock quiet and there is no drone. The only drone sound I heard is when your at the 2.5 to 3k rpm range in too high of a gear for the speed, but nothing to complain about.

I had a grin on my face all the way back to the house. Tony did a great job with the install. Made sure the fitment was perfect. Full of info, and all around great to deal with.

These guys are a hard working bunch, and I highly recommend dealing with them. If anyone is in the LA area and would like to hear how the exhaust sounds before you buy, let me know. I'd love to have an excuse to show it off!
Want to give an update. I just got back from a 4k mile road trip. The exhaust noise is very quite at highway cruising speeds. The slight droning I mentioned when I first had the exhaust installed all but disappeared after hours of highway cruising. Maybe a little if the rpms drop below 2700 in 6th gear, but it's easily solved by downshifting into 5th.

I guess the point is that those of you who might be concerned with annoying your girlfriends or other passengers on long road trips shouldn't worry.