View Single Post
Old 03-13-2009, 10:10 AM   #26 (permalink)
DigitalMan
Base Member

Drives: '10 370Z PW Roadster
DigitalMan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiz-n-herz View Post
You Bastard! Nice cars! I'm jeleous..

I always wanted a Lemans Blue C6 Vette too. Incredible color!

What do you think about the 370 versus the c6 Vette? I drove a friend's 06 Vette a few weeks ago (Magnetic ride suspension) and to me, it just did not feel as solid. I felt a lot of torsional flex in the chassis and it had lots of interior squeaks and rattles. Sure it was fast when you punched it, but it just did not feel as solid as the Nissan Z33, and the z34 is even more solid feeling than the z33. Also it was an auto and had the weird paddle shifters (thumb/finger) I'd like to drive a stick - heck, I'd like to drive a C6 Z06 - seems like the fixed-top body would be much more rigid.

If I get a z34, I'll probably order one and have it delivered with like 10 miles on it.
The C6's are seriously fast but they feel heavy and less agile compared to the Z's. The mistake I made with my 350Z was getting the Auto. Didn't make that mistake this time with the 370... big difference to me. Just adds to the fun, of course it's not a daily driver and traffic is not usually an issue.

In this economy the C6's are more attractive that they used to be... some deals to be had, but I think the 370z is a much better balance of speed and sportiness. The only thing I miss from the Vette is the headsup display... great invention.