View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 11:39 AM   #173 (permalink)
Billy830
Base Member

Drives: 370Z Mag Black 6sp m
Billy830 is on a distinguished road
Default Oil cooler installs

I think we are getting a little crazy on the oil cooler hose bit. As I said in a previous post I spent 23 years in Jet Enginge Test Research and Development. We used aeroquip hoses that were CRIPMED as we had our own shop with the tools to do so. We made sure that hoses were not too long and or too short. We used high temp anti chaffing clamps to route the hoses. Any where that we thought chaffing was a possibliity we added that protection.
My position on this is do right the first time, don't try to reengineer a simple process. You can order the stainless steel crimped hoses with the cooler or have hoses made at say, Napa or at any hydraulic shop that makes hoses in your area to the proper length. The torqueing of the engine and its result on the hoses to me is a mute point if they are clamped and routed properly. Spend a couple of more bucks and time and you will not have to worry if you are going to dump your oil or not.

The pilot of a Jet fighter dose not have time to worry about things like that. Yes the jet engine does at times have premature failures and their RPMS are 50-60K not 8K.
Billy830 is offline   Reply With Quote