View Single Post
Old 03-13-2009, 01:17 AM   #10 (permalink)
RedlineHR
Base Member

Drives: Red 07 Z, SS 06 Z
RedlineHR has a reputation beyond reputeRedlineHR has a reputation beyond reputeRedlineHR has a reputation beyond reputeRedlineHR has a reputation beyond reputeRedlineHR has a reputation beyond reputeRedlineHR has a reputation beyond reputeRedlineHR has a reputation beyond reputeRedlineHR has a reputation beyond reputeRedlineHR has a reputation beyond reputeRedlineHR has a reputation beyond reputeRedlineHR has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0javi0o View Post
I haven't find, yet, an article, insurance table, loan table, or anything about the depreciation rate on a 370z.
I would like to know and be oriented on how the 370z will be depreciated in the market considering brand, year, color, package, mileage, and the other factors that will affect the value of the car during time, other than taking the car out of the dealer.

I am assuming that this car will be depreciated as the 350z is. I bought my 2007 350z in February 4, 2007 and was holding 16 miles on it a the purchase time, right now, my car has exactly 17,644 miles on it. In my opinion, since I am the one taking care of him, is in excellent conditions, but to be fair, I went with "good" category on a well recognized depreciation book that you might know (I am not going to give free sponsorship to them, lol) and Trade in Value was aprox. 17K Private Party aprox 18.8K and Private Value aprox. 22.5K I got my car for $26,995 + taxes, tag fees, etc...

How much this first generation and/or next gens will cost in the next years...
This is a concern of mine as well. Not that I ever thought a car was an investment, but I was not prepared for the crappy Nissan resale value compared to BMW.

My 97 M3 dropped 30% in value after 3.5 years - not bad - even knowing that the e46 M3 would be out in 2001 (Details of which were fully disclosed years prior to it's release).

My 2007 350z value dropped 43% in less than two years - that's pretty disgusting if you ask me.

At the time, I was thinking I did the right thing by buying the best year of the z33 (HR engine). But looking back, I also bought towards the end of the model run. Now that the z34 is out, the z33 isn't worth sh!t. Too bad. So now I'd love to buy a z34, but I'd have to eat about $10k to get out from under my z33. Ugh!

So maybe with Nissans, you need to buy early in the model run to avoid the depreciation factor the next model will have on the existing model and dump it before the new model is out.

Last edited by RedlineHR; 03-13-2009 at 01:21 AM.
RedlineHR is offline   Reply With Quote