View Single Post
Old 03-05-2010, 10:08 PM   #806 (permalink)
travisjb
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: VIR
travisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond repute

a good news / bad news story at this point...

Junior (fathead) is right, the car looks ready and unbelievably well prepared down to a very detailed level. Some finishing touches on the interior as well I think all will appreciate. Wing looks terrific - went with an 8" instead of 10" lift given availability of part but I like it at this height, so won't be changing that. Splitter is the best I've seen, hoping it isn't too well hooked up and takes out frame when I inevitably make contact!

Bad news is unfortunately after lots of experimentation, we were unable to get the car started. Sharif, if you are willing to this weekend, Junior would like to touch base with you. Believe he left you his number on your vmail. We are likely to find a friendly dealer in town this weekend and see if they are willing to hook up a Consult III and at least diagnose. Still getting same symptoms of:

- KOEO
- and headlights come on, radiator fans on
- fuel pump not starting and fuel showing on panel as 'empty' / 'zero range'
- also we found out by hooking up a known working OBD2 reader that there is no power / signal coming out of the OBD2 port... hoping this tells us somethign
- we checked all fuses everywhere and while we replaced one small 10amp fuse in the kick panel, there were no other blown fuses and replacing the 10a didn't do anything (not sure which it was)
- we checked all wiring, everything is connected solidly

Possibly, we blew up some circuit while working on the car last few months... who knows at this point.

I'm disappointed about this weekend, but tempered by the fact that the car is looking great across all other dimensions.

T
2009 370Z #104
*For Sale*
travisjb is offline   Reply With Quote