View Single Post
Old 03-05-2010, 09:17 PM   #26 (permalink)
Zsteve
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: the 2 balled club
Zsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DooDooBrown View Post
Alright everyone, update....
1). The dealer has done all oil changes on the car. The oil being used is the exact oil that is being called for in the owner's manual. It is from Nissan. I have, however, used Mobil 1 to top off before, and it has still gone through that.
2). I asked the service representitive, and he said I can check the oil as much as I pleased, however, I can not add oil unless it is below the L mark (had to give him a call).
3). It took me approx. 1 month to put on 1000 miles (We have had snow on the ground for much of January/Feb. in WV

When I checked my oil initally, it was right at the H, a little over-filled. I insured that was the case, as I let it sit over nite. The service advisor did acknoledge that it was an issue, however, they would have to call some Nissan factory tech. for further instructions. I simply made my case that I did not buy a $40,000.00 sports car to dump a qt. of oil in every 2000 miles.
Long story short, they want to see it again in 1500 miles.... We will see how it goes!
by the time you do all the milage stuff they want your warranty will be up. Id ask them why their magic isnt working good just to stir the pot on them.