View Single Post
Old 03-05-2010, 04:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
kannibul
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
kannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvfreakazoid View Post
I was curious to know why american sports car tend to have more torque compared to euro sports cars (Ferrari, lambo etc)? Is there any advantage or disadvantages? I would think having more torque would be an advantage.

Also, is there a difference when a sports car uses a dry sump oil system compared to a regular oil system?

Just curious to know.
Dry Sump - main reason is two fold.

1) Build in oil cooling - the sump is away from the block and it helps cool it.

But, in terms of cars...

2) No chance of oil starvation. Take a corner too hard/fast with the Z and some R-Compound tires, you'll force all that oil away from the pickup tube, starving the engine of oil.
Even in my old pickup truck, if I slammed the brakes too hard or cornered...the oil pressure light would come on. Only does that for one reason...no oil getting picked up!
kannibul is offline   Reply With Quote