View Single Post
Old 03-05-2010, 02:10 PM   #20 (permalink)
DooDooBrown
Base Member

Drives: 09 370 Touring w/spt
DooDooBrown is on a distinguished road

Yes, I am saying that it is at 3/4 after just changing the oil 1,050 miles exactly... It was also a little overfilled ( Right on the H, a little above the top hole)..... If I where to go without ever checking the oil, I would hate to see what would happen.... At 7500 miles (or however long it took), I would have zero oil.... I would have no issue, and I find it to be perfectly acceptable if it is at 3/4 after 7500 miles, but this is *ONLY 1000 MILES AFTER THE OIL CHANGE* ... I am sorry, I didnt pay this much money to have to keep a spare quart of oil with me on long road trips..... I understand that engines burn oil, hell, I drive fire trucks at work. We tax those engines more than most people tax the engines on their Z's.... But they usually are good for burning 2 qts of oil every 10,000 miles or so.... Even that would be acceptible....
I know this is an issue, and it is only going to be a matter of time before Nissan realizes this is going to be an issue. My only question is what happens from there??? I have heard numerious people on this fourm state that after engine swaps, the car isn't the same, and there are issues, etc.... I don't really want that... Not to mention, I would assume that it would come up in a carfax report.... Anyone got any ideas??

Last edited by DooDooBrown; 03-05-2010 at 02:22 PM.
DooDooBrown is offline   Reply With Quote