View Single Post
Old 03-05-2010, 11:40 AM   #16 (permalink)
BlackCherryZ
Base Member

Drives: 2010 BC-Z M6
BlackCherryZ is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modshack View Post
I'm sorry...Claim lemon for what? The OP has used 1/4 qt. in 1000 miles per his consumption test. That's hardly a justification for a buyback..

perhaps, i have misunderstood, but OP did say "checked the dipstick, it is about 3/4 after 1000 miles."

3/4 on the dipstick in just 1000 miles........ correct me if i am wrong.......

i would not make the comment on the rate of consumption without a solid proof, but considering the fact that his dealership changes every 7500, who knows how much is left or what the repercussions without adding in every so often..... i would hate to even imagine about it...

personally, for it is a new car......... i would never consider adding in additional oil as something tolerable......... just my two cents....

on the other hand, if indeed it is 1/4 qt between oil changes, it would not even be a consideration/problem..... but it so seems, solely based on speculation at this point, it is not 1/4 between oil changes...

having had new car engine issues and having dealt numerous times with dealers, it might be better to go with the lemon. i think it is a win-win situation, for you do not lose anything........it is just that your claim can get rejected at worst........
BlackCherryZ is offline   Reply With Quote