View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 05:07 PM   #88 (permalink)
kustomZ
Base Member

Drives: TBD
kustomZ has a reputation beyond reputekustomZ has a reputation beyond reputekustomZ has a reputation beyond reputekustomZ has a reputation beyond reputekustomZ has a reputation beyond reputekustomZ has a reputation beyond reputekustomZ has a reputation beyond reputekustomZ has a reputation beyond reputekustomZ has a reputation beyond reputekustomZ has a reputation beyond reputekustomZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-R man View Post
What kind of profit do you think dealers make when you buy a car??

$200-500
You asked a question, and I gave you an answer. How does that make me a know-it-all? Did I claim to know all the ins-and-outs of being a car salesman? NO

You say $2-500 on a sale? You may be right about a single sale in a week's time....I'm in the wholesale business, and I know how that shi* works. One customer beats us down so much, that we barely make a profit on a sale. Another 2 walk in, and they have a higher price point. They pay and move on. We get volume and profit sales, and they both add up to make us a multi-billion dollar business.

On top of selling cars, you guys sell all the little things, as well as service (mentioned above). Do you get customers that haggle you down, or come in demanding the bottom dollar? Sure, but you also get people that either don't care, or are too stupid to read between the lines....THAT'S how you make money. Now is that better, or do you have some kind of snappy comeback for that too?