View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 05:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
AK370Z
Administrator

Drives: 09 370Z MB Sports M6
AK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwoowoo View Post
So I've been searching for awhile now, but couldn't find anyone covering this subject. ok, so here's the situation. Say I have a set of wheels that i want to use for track and they don't have TPMS. What will happen if I swap out the stock wheels with the non-TPMS wheels and use it for a track day, then switch back to the stock after I'm done. Do I still need to get the TPMS resetted? Or will the light go away after driving with stock wheels which has the original TPMS sensors?
When you put the non TPMS rims on the car, the TPMS light will illuminate on the instrument panel (after 30 miles it will trigger, not right away).

I'm guessing, once you put the tires with TPMS back on, the car should automatically recognize it's wheel. Again, you may need to drive a little (30 miles) for the computer to recognize the rims again.

I'm 90% sure that's what will happen, though I haven't done this. I'm curious as well.
My Monterey Blue Z ll My Exhaust --> My Intake --> G3
Nissan's Official Response Regarding Oil Temp Issue: CLICK HERE
Need a Set of Cheap Winter wheels /Tires? Then Visit The Banner Link Below and Place Your Order. You'll Help Keep The370Z Alive.
AK370Z is offline   Reply With Quote