View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 04:41 PM   #816 (permalink)
Kyle@STILLEN
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Toyota Tundra
Kyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyGT View Post
Not everything is identical between the two cars - I'm just saying, they havent even tested this kit on our car and I hope we dont get any surprises with fitment issues. Other than that, I just have two issues...

1. Why is the amount of boost not being shown?
2. The design to me just looks old, while the GTM kit screams refinement. But thats probably more of an opinion, no big deal.
Sorry guys I'm buried in work here so I'll just jump in for two seconds. Just wanted to answer these two questions and clarify that we have done all of our measurements on the G and the Z side by side and we have found that there is very little different between them. The two cars have different fuel pumps...That's about it...Everything else is pretty much the same. We will have some different brackets for the heat exchanger obviously, but that's pretty small and will take us about twenty minutes to fabricate.

1) We feel that boost pressure is really a part of the press release, so we're going to hold off on releasing that magic number until we're ready for the press release.

2) This is very much a personal opinion, some people will love the design and some will not. Just my opinion, but rather than saying the STILLEN supercharger looks old, I think it looks more like a traditional muscle car where everything is out in the open. If you prefer the stealth look then yes, the GTM kit is undeniably stealthier than the STILLEN kit. Aesthetics are very personal. Some people will say "I dont want anyone knowing what I have under my hood." Other people will say "If I'm spending $XXXX.XX I want to see it!"
Kyle@STILLEN is offline   Reply With Quote