View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 04:32 PM   #815 (permalink)
DannyGT
Track Member

Drives: 370Z (SOLD)
DannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCZ View Post
I like it when people disagree respectfully and you make valid points Danny. If we always agreed then this forum would suck.

They made the manifold the way they did because it was the best solution for using what they thought was the best option as far as supercharger. They must have done a good amount of R&D to completely design a piece from scratch and make it work as well as they have. I haven't heard anything from GTM as far as what they are doing for testing or whether it has survived testing if they did. The only thing I know from GTM is that they are taking payments up front for a kit that afaik hasn't been tested. That bothers me a little bit, but it must be just me.

How long has GTM been working on this kit? I am not saying its a bad kit, dont misunderstand me, I just don't see how it is any different than any sc kit that has come before it. I think the Stillen one has more research in it and it has things like water cooling that I welcome with open arms. Stillen was working on a Monster GT-R project before the Z! As far as the fabrication and ingenuity being more extensive, please give me an example of that. Stillen hasn't tuned anything but a CARB legal car either, so..

What difference does it make if its on a 370 or not? its not going to affect any major design parts of it. Power is only going up from where it is now.

You know I have lots of respect for you, so take this as the discussion it is and nothing personal please.
Not everything is identical between the two cars - I'm just saying, they havent even tested this kit on our car and I hope we dont get any surprises with fitment issues. Other than that, I just have two issues...

1. Why is the amount of boost not being shown?
2. The design to me just looks old, while the GTM kit screams refinement. But thats probably more of an opinion, no big deal.