View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 03:10 PM   #812 (permalink)
DannyGT
Track Member

Drives: 370Z (SOLD)
DannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCZ View Post
I disagree. I think there is SO much more value in the Stillen kit considering the amount of testing and engineering that is currently going into this kit. If you are going to pay 5k+ for an SC, you aren't only considering price and hp figures. I have seen a lot of things that, to me, are worth much more than whatever dollar difference there is and that is even before we talk about the HP figures. Think about the fact that there is a water cooled intercooler inside the custom designed intake manifold. I'm not sure exactly where the comment about the "other" kit having more engineering going into it than the stillen one came from the other night....but I honestly fail to see how that is possible. I'm sure they will keep it competitive anyway.

I think when people are spending this much of their hard earned money they naturally tend to weigh many more aspects of the buying decision than they would for something cheaper. Price is never the #1 reason.

I'm going to agree with Travis and say this race is over.
Me and you, we see eye to eye on a lot...but I can’t agree with you 100% on this one. You have to understand, they didn’t make an intake manifold to flow more/better air...They built it because it’s the only way they can make that charger work. Also, you can’t discount the 'other' charger and their testing methods just because they haven’t released footage of them burning tires around a track. GTM has allegedly been working on this for a LONG time, well before anything from Stillen. They have also been tuning our motors far longer and have probably logged more data than any shop in the US. The fabrication and ingenuity of their kit, IMHO, is much more extensive than this setup. Don’t forget, they still haven’t tuned with anything but factory exhaust components.

Lastly, Stillen has yet to even test this on a 370; we don’t know what (if any) changes are going to have to be made. We can’t race to conclusions, especially with their rep on the 350 kits.

In reality, the race has only begun.