View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 02:28 PM   #157 (permalink)
jborsos
Base Member

Drives: 2011 VW Jetta
jborsos is on a distinguished road

My name is Jack Borsos, General Manager of Racer Parts Wholesale in Indy. I've received a couple of e-mails regarding this issue. I have been in contact with Aeroquip on this. Below is the response from Eric Durrant Manager, Aeroquip Performance Products.

Aeroquip's Performance Products FBN and FBV SOCKETLESS hoses are not designed for any type of clamp to place over the fitting once the fitting is inserted into the hose.

Aeroquip's Performance Products FBN hose is the same construction as FC598 and has been formally qualified with SOCKETLESS fittings at the 250 PSI pressure rating as stated in the Aeroquip Performance Products catalog for FBN hose. FC598 is not listed in the Aeroquip Industrial catalog with SOCKETLESS fittings, because of the advertised 100R6 pressure rating. In you want to achieve 100R6 pressures with FC598 you need a crimp fitting.

Eric Durrant
Manager, Aeroquip Performance Products

One other thing to remember is that when the hose is pressurized it actually
contracts by up to 10% because of the braid angle of the reinforcement
in the hose. Slack is very important in routing the hose.

To those that have purchased products from RPW I thank you for your support and can assure you that the Aeroquip products are of the highest quality and can be used with complete confidence. To those that have not purchased from us please visit our website.

Jack
jborsos is offline   Reply With Quote