View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 02:22 PM   #809 (permalink)
Kyle@STILLEN
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Toyota Tundra
Kyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z eliminator View Post
Nice #'s
I have a 370 Sport 7 AT, my base line is 265 SAE rwhp. Your dyno reads HP. Is it standard HP ?
How can a Stock G make 289 ? With all the stillen bolt ons I made 292. You made 133 rwhp. on your SC. So that would put my car at aprox 398. I would like to see your RWHP converted to SAE RWHP. There is a difference between the two. It appears that your dyno reads a little on the high side.
I have your SC on my 350 z and i never got near your posted #'s And my SC was also ported with a custom stillen stage 4 tune in it.
To be honest, I have seen your questions (s) about your power output on other threads and I have not answered them because I don't know enough about the modifications that you made to your kit and we have not had the opportunity to test the results of the modifications that you made. For example, if I remember correctly I believe I saw somewhere that you were running 10 psi? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

The Eaton MP62 supercharger was designed for engines with a maximum displacement of 3.5 liters. The MP90 is able to flow more air and therefore produces more power than the MP62 but it is substantially taller and requires an even bigger hood bulge. During our testing of the MP62 We found that the most efficient boost level on that kit was around 7 or 8 psi. After that, the supercharger would begin to cavitate and more boost actually became less efficient. If I'm wrong about how much boost you were running please let me know and I will change my post but I do remember seeing somewhere someone said they were running a 10 pound pulley on our kit.

[QUOTE=RCZ;428448]quick question Kyle, some of us rev to 8150rpm right now. Not that its a big deal, but I assume the tuning map for the kit is only responsible for 7500rpm?
QUOTE]

RCZ, I don't know the answer to this question yet. I will need to do more research for you and find out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC Racing View Post
They are simulating driving around a track with 120 degree air temps in California where it has been lucky to make 70's recently?

They are simulating driving in the Northeast in 30 degree air temps in California where it has been lucky to get down to 50 in the evening?
It is a true statement that we are not currently able to do 100+ degree testing right now and we are not able to do 30 below testing either yet. However, we are doing the testing that we are ABLE to do which is flog the car as hard as possible at a race track to find the weak points. If we waited to release the kit after we had the opportunity to test in 100+ degree weather at Phoenix International Raceway we wouldn't be releasing it until September or October. Then if we waited to release the kit after having the opportunity to do cold weather testing we would need to send the car to a cold state in the middle of winter. That would put us back to about this time next year for a release...Not very realistic.

So, we do what we're able to do which is take the car to a closed air base and beat on it for a long time. Then we park it for a few minutes, let everything heat soak, then go straight back out and do it again. As you know, these cars have problems when on the race track being pushed hard for five or ten minutes. You can not possibly and SHOULD NOT simulate those driving conditions on the street or on a dyno, so we have gone to our test facility to simulate them as best we can. By pushing the car hard and really putting it through stress we are able to get a good idea of how the car will perform during the middle of summer at a road course.

By the way, here are some pictures of our red 350Z that was purchased by a man in Arizona. The only work that the customer did to the car after purchasing it from us was a roll cage, racing seats, and a door panels. Every other component on the car is a standard off the shelf component and he has not had any issues with overheating when he races at Phoenix International Raceway.

Kyle@STILLEN is offline   Reply With Quote