View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 07:45 AM   #792 (permalink)
MMC Racing
Track Member

Drives: 2015 GT-R
MMC Racing has a spectacular aura aboutMMC Racing has a spectacular aura aboutMMC Racing has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCZ View Post
I disagree. I think there is SO much more value in the Stillen kit considering the amount of testing and engineering that is currently going into this kit. If you are going to pay 5k+ for an SC, you aren't only considering price and hp figures. I have seen a lot of things that, to me, are worth much more than whatever dollar difference there is and that is even before we talk about the HP figures. Think about the fact that there is a water cooled intercooler inside the custom designed intake manifold. I'm not sure exactly where the comment about the "other" kit having more engineering going into it than the stillen one came from the other night....but I honestly fail to see how that is possible. I'm sure they will keep it competitive anyway.

I think when people are spending this much of their hard earned money they naturally tend to weigh many more aspects of the buying decision than they would for something cheaper. Price is never the #1 reason.

I'm going to agree with Travis and say this race is over.
Until these kits end up on customer cars and are subjected to various climate differences, we won't know who made the right choice on intercooler design. "More" engineering doesn't mean better engineering. In fact, keep-it-simple-stupid can be a selling point in itself.

There is no victor here. Both kits, when tested by themselves, performed well. I'm going to hold back from the temptation to save a few hundred on the presales and wait to see real customer results before making up my mind.

Anyone calling a victor at this point on either side is an obvious
MMC Racing is offline   Reply With Quote