View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 01:14 PM   #14 (permalink)
the_student
Track Member

Drives: '13 LE 4runner
the_student is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCZ View Post
Why are you double clutching AND heel and toe'ing when you downshift? People still double clutch? I thought that died with the invention of the synchros...

Why do I think you're a little confused about what you're doing?

I mean...if you are actually doing all that on downshifts, awesome, but judging by your original question, Im not so sure.
Well If you doubt me what am I to do. To me double clutch down shift is when I first disengage the clutch shift into neutral engage the clutch then rev my engine then disengage the clutch again downshift into a lower gear and then engage the clutch again and during that whole process I am pressing the brakes with the ball of my right foot and revving with the side of my right foot. I don't think I'm confused but whatever. I can do regular heel-toe also. I just stated it's smoother for me to double clutch heel-toe and am practicing so I don't have to do the extra step of shifting into neutral. I also know that noone really uses double clutching now adays unless you are running straight cut gears. So anyway back on topic. I'm about to go driving and gonna practice. Let's get some tips out there for people to get smoother at heel-toe.
the_student is offline   Reply With Quote