View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 06:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Nikon FM
Track Member

Drives: 03 996TT Porsche
Nikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Oil cooler hose to elbow junction leaking

Hi guys,
I installed my GTM oil cooler (including hoses) in early January and have found the fittings to now be leaking. I lost about one quart of oil before noticing the problem. I discovered the problem due to the oil on my garage floor, which was a very recent occurrence. I have driven the car for about a month with no issues and now find the fitting where the hose connects to the elbows are leaking. This was determined while the car was at idle and watching oil drip off the junctions. On the installation I used blue Permatex threadlocker on the threads connecting to the oil cooler fittings and the "sandwich" plate threads near the oil filter, these were fine. On the install I did not adjust the "factory" torque on the hose to elbow junctions, they appeared very snug and did not leak initially.

What do you recommend? I really hate oil leaks and do not want less than a perfect scenario.

Thanks

Buddy Revell: "One man's sooner is another man's later"
Nikon FM is offline   Reply With Quote