View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 06:31 PM   #32 (permalink)
epod86
Base Member

Drives: 06 Mustang GT BK M5
epod86 has a reputation beyond reputeepod86 has a reputation beyond reputeepod86 has a reputation beyond reputeepod86 has a reputation beyond reputeepod86 has a reputation beyond reputeepod86 has a reputation beyond reputeepod86 has a reputation beyond reputeepod86 has a reputation beyond reputeepod86 has a reputation beyond reputeepod86 has a reputation beyond reputeepod86 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by semtex View Post
Exceeding the max pressure printed on the sidewall.
I'm reminded of a time when some guys were fixing bikes in my Uni dorm. One guy kept blowing inner-tubes. After the second one I heard (from my room no less) I confronted him and asked what he pressurizing them to. He said he was following the 'normal' marking on the bike pump. I looked at it and 'normal' was between 60-100 psi according to the numbers underneath the writing. I told him he was crazy for going to 60psi for a bike, but he insisted that was 'normal' like the pump said. I then looked at the side of the pump and it had RACING in big letters. Apparently Wal-Mart mountain bike/run arounds are considered racing bike now

He stopped pumping tires and went to fixing inner tubes.
epod86 is offline   Reply With Quote