View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 12:10 AM   #87 (permalink)
RedNismo
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nismo Z #389 RD
RedNismo is on a distinguished road
Default Spring Spacers

I am not a rocket scientist or a genius. But I was a physics major, and have a engineering degree. I suspect the springs could be damaged if driven with the spacers on. Think about this, the spacers basically links 3 or 4 of the spring coils together, and won't allow them to compress. On Mine, there was only 1.5 coils free to compress. In a normal situation, the forces of the car gets dissipated by the compression/expansion of the springs over a period of time. With most of the coils tied up, most of the forces of the vehicle is loaded up in only a couple of the free coils. This may cause the spring to have compression fatigue. The overall spring rate may be lowered. Again, I am just trying to make some sense out of my college books. I am by no means a hardcore mechanic. What do you guys think?

By the way, I found the stupid f'krs today. One on each side. I have been had the car for 2 months with 500 miles on it. Stupid Nissan dealership. First they left deep swirl marks all over my car, and now 2 spring spacers.
You'd think the biggest Nissan dealers in LA would know what they are doing.
2009 Nismo Z34 #389-- Clear Bra
RedNismo is offline   Reply With Quote