View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 06:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
feelzpwr91
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 Black370z T M6
feelzpwr91 has a reputation beyond reputefeelzpwr91 has a reputation beyond reputefeelzpwr91 has a reputation beyond reputefeelzpwr91 has a reputation beyond reputefeelzpwr91 has a reputation beyond reputefeelzpwr91 has a reputation beyond reputefeelzpwr91 has a reputation beyond reputefeelzpwr91 has a reputation beyond reputefeelzpwr91 has a reputation beyond reputefeelzpwr91 has a reputation beyond reputefeelzpwr91 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle@STILLEN View Post
What type of polisher are you using? Name and part number?

The biggest thing to remember is to take your time, good results take time. One thing I recommend doing is starting with one section of your car at a time. Just do half the hood or half the fender. That will kind of tell you how much time you're going to need to put in to do the whole car to meet your satisfaction. Also, you own a black car...It will take longer to get the best results! You might find that this weekend you only want to do the hood, fascia and front fenders, then next weekend the doors and roof, then the following weekend the rear fenders and rear fascia. You might think this is crazy but it's how a lot of people detail their vehicle's. For example, I wash my truck just about every weekend and usually once a month (at least every two months) I wax it.

Also, don't use too much product. Consult with the product manufacturer but most of the time people use too much product and they end up wasting more than they really need and costing themselves extra money. You really only need a thin layer between your buffing pad and the paint. Again, consult the manufacturer about this, they might have different recommendations for their product. When I use the Adam's stuff I pour a little bit (about two or three dime sized dollops) on to the pad and spread it across the target area. I do this without the pad spinning, just spread it across, then at low RPM spread it around a little more, then bump up to a higher RPM to actually do the work.
Porter Cable 7424