View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 04:54 PM   #144 (permalink)
WICKED_GRIN
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z Roadster Black
WICKED_GRIN is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy830 View Post
I spent 23 years in aerospce testing jet engines and we used aeroquip fittings but we used the braided stainless lines with the crimped fittings. I know they cost more but I would have more peice of mind knowing that the fittiings are going to hold. I am in the process of puting mine together. I have seen installations where the fittings are pointed down so that you can drain the system. I am going to put a tee at the bottom of each port. Pipe thread to 90 deg and 180 deg fitting, hoses will attach to the 90 deg fittings and a AN cap with saftey wire hole so I can saftey wire the cap to the tee so it will not come loose or loose it, I just may saftey wire all the fittings. When I drain the oil off comes the cap. I don,t want to lose a motor. The problem may be with the inside diameter of the hode you are using. I would check aeroquip guide for proper inside diameter of hose to use. They need to feel as they will not go on at all, you need to lube it up to get it on. You may get some expansion on the hose from the heat but I would think it would be minimal. Don't get me wrong but there are a few things that I would not DYI and this is one of them.

Could you post photos before and after installation!
WICKED_GRIN is offline   Reply With Quote