View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 04:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
SoCal 370Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Answers
SoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

• Depending upon what physical shape you are in doing the lower areas of the car can tire you out quickly; you will be using muscles in ways you normally do not use them.
  • Drape the power cord over your shoulder and down your back so it does rub on the car as you are working panels.
  • Freewheeling the polisher is bad for the polisher and will throw product all over the place, into places, and heights you won't believe—until you try to cleanup the mess.
  • I usually use a bleacher seat cushion to place the polisher on (not on its pad) and another to move around the floor for my knees.
  • I typically wash the car down entirely between the different polishes and before the waxes.
  • It will take a lot more time than you think!

And probably my best tip—if this is your first time and especially since you have a black car—start by doing someone else's car. Are your parents close by?

Last edited by SoCal 370Z; 03-01-2010 at 04:49 PM.
SoCal 370Z is offline   Reply With Quote