View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 12:59 PM   #69 (permalink)
Robert_Nash
Track Member

Drives: '14 Q60IPL/'14Armada
Robert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by scruffydog View Post
I could be wrong for saying this, I don't think it's so much a lie.....but if it's optional for dealerships to participate with the VPP then no way any dealership will want to sell you the 40th anniversary edition using any discount when they could sell their 40th Anniversary at full price (MSRP) as they're limited. I would think dealerships would expect people to pay whatever price they demand. Whether if that's worth it, that's a different story, but I don't see any reason why any dealer would offer you any discount on the one car they could make the most profit on especially if the VPP participation is optional. This even goes for dealerships that gets more than 1 40th Anniversary Edition 370z.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only time I can see any dealership wanting to participate the VPP for the 40th anniversary or for any 370z or cars for that matter is they feel like they could use this VPP as their advantage to boost sales or to move more cars because they don't want too many of the same cars sitting around for a long period of time; they simply just want to make more sales. From a dealership perspective, as long as they're making money, even if it's a little from the VPP, they don't mind, but for the case of a 40th anniversary edition, I don't see why they'd let you pay under invoice for it when they could sell it for MSRP. Personally, if they're as hot as we all think, we should be surprise they don't jack it up above MSRP, I've seen scenarios like these before...do I think it's logical to buy a car above MSRP? I think that's ridiculous, but dealers can do whatever they want....it's all about supply and demand and timing. To put things in better perspective, the 40th Anniversary Edition's base price alone savings is already $4000 of profit a dealer is expecting to make, I highly doubt any dealerships out there would give up that much money for a VPP - what's in it for them?

I hope someone could agree with me.

At first I thought at an economy like this, dealers are having a hard time selling impractical cars like the 370z, maybe dealerships would do whatever it takes to boost their sales....apparently I was wrong about that last time I went into the dealership. Which is more reason why I am sure about what I said about the 40th Anniversary Edition.
Dealer participation in the VPP program is 100% up to the dealer.

As I’ve mentioned before; some dealers simply won’t participate at all on any vehicle, some will participate on anything they sell while still others will do so on some vehicles but not on “high demand”/”special” vehicles.

Keep in mind that dealer’s are independent businesses – Nissan doesn’t own them – and as independent dealerships they have to make what they feel is the best decision for their dealership/their market area.

That said, I suspect that finding a dealer who will do the VPP on the 40th Anniversary model will likely be a bit difficult but certainly not impossible…at the end of the day, every dealer wants to sell cars!

On other things…

I have several requests for claim numbers to process that have come in since late Saturday night; I will likely not get to those until sometime this evening but I WILL get to them!