View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 12:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Red370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: your mom to church
Red370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Have a look at these O2 sensors

Well ladies and gents, i've had a CEL on for a few thousand miles now, comes on, goes off, comes on, goes off. Well I finally got around to taking it into the hobby shop and getting her up on a lift to see what the problem may be. I came armed with some steel wool to see if that would help the issue. Well I took the sensors out and to my surprise, they were covered in black sooty residue, now, mind you, I havent dealt with O2 sensors alot in the past, so I dont know if this is normal or not, im sure different cars show different things. I packed some steel wool into the bungs and put them back on, so hopefully after a few hundred miles, the CEL will go away, however, I dont know if this residue may be the cause of the problem or if its normal, for some of you mechanic types, take a look at these and tell me if this much buildup is normal for a car with 10k miles. Also, is there a way to clean these without screwing up the sensors?

Last edited by Red370; 03-01-2010 at 01:01 PM.
Red370 is offline   Reply With Quote