View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 12:41 PM   #28 (permalink)
11past9
Base Member

Drives: 1998 Kouki 240SX SR
11past9 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDreamer View Post

Really, you started out great with your post, a few people threw in offers and you went the opposite direction. People, when buying used especially a modified car, are going to try to low ball you because they are unsure of things:
~Are the parts good
~Were they installed correctly
~Has the car been run up
~Any current/past issues

You need to take each offer and reply with no thank you, or I cannot go that low because of X reasons. Be reassuring with your offer with them by talking about some of the above, who did the installs, etc.
you clearly do not even know what I'm encountering so you don't understand...

-hey I want the car will you take this it's all I have? No... Sometimes I say yes and then... I get "well I don't have that anymore but will you do this?"

-hey I want the car (then we talk extensively and they convince me they want it and beg me not to sell it and they will have the funds in a week and will pick
it up) I say ok and then I get other offers but trust the guy I talked to for an hour... He is no where to be found on the day were supposed to so this. No email replies no phone calls nothing... Gone

-hey will you trade for my 1998 integra ls with a gsr swap and 140,000 plus $2000 cash? No thanks... Psh why dude I'm selling my car for $6000 and you're saying youlle take 8000 WTF, dude whatever bla bla bla"

-hey I'll trade you for this.... They make the offer and I reply sure send me all info and we can prob work a deal....

Gone, or well my mom said I can't

And a million others.

I'm as friendly as oprah to these guys... Period. No ones ever talked to me as a serious buyer so they woulnt know. Someone call me up and we can talk for a minute and you will think beyond the posts and realize they'd be just as pissed. Period