View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 12:18 PM   #12 (permalink)
kailua
Base Member

Drives: 09 STI
kailua is on a distinguished road

I think Ping needs to provide a bit more info for anyone to give a better response.

It is an accepted fact that if you sell your vehicle after 3 months of ownership, regardless of how low the miles are, you are going to take a hugh hit on the resale or trade-in value, especially in this economy.

If Ping does not mind the hit and still wants the Z then by all means, it's his money, (or his parents money, I don't know), so he can do whatever he wants to with it.

The conventional wisdom is that you shouldn't be changing out cars every 3 months because of the financial loss involved, however if that is not an issue, then by all means get what you want. Life is too short to make compromises and if you have the means then go for it.

I think what XbadgerX is saying is that there is an association in terms of the thought process Ping had, where if you think that it is a good idea to sell so quickly after purchasing the G37 to get yourself into another vehicle, then perhaps the thought (or lack of) that went into the decision to get a 370Z so quickly is flawed as well. Which means that in 3 months Ping may decide that he needs the rumored 2010 STI with a 5spd Auto. Just the wording from XbadgerX was a bit harsh.
kailua is offline   Reply With Quote