View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 09:22 AM   #76 (permalink)
theDreamer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
theDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-R man View Post
I have noticed that on this forum unless you hear something that you agree with people dont seem to take it as a learning experience, and SUBTURD is right dealers are numbering their days... and same to buyers.... because once the little dealers go broke and only the large ones are left... they will reign over their region, either new cars will become automated where you put in a price like on ebay and hope they accept the offer "best case scenario for all buyers" or they will have rediculous prices and make is so hard for customers to buy cars at reasonable prices that customer will buy mostly used cars.

but regardless of what happens the way it is now is going to change either completly eliminating my job or giving me a raise... either way customers will still not like to buy cars because customers hate to negotiate...
I have to disagree completely.
With the introduction of mass media, internet, etc. People have become more aware of better deals, how to negotiate, and where to look. I am still shocked at the number of people still going to a dealer and taking the first deal (good for a dealership), but those days are numbered with how quickly people have instant access. Instead of having to go to 10 dealerships and haggle, then go home and find reviews, books, or friends; now people can spend ten minutes, or more, online and access best interest rate, invoice price (fair market value for your region), etc.

The idea of haggling will soon die, and either dealerships will embrace this new customer awareness or not be around anymore.
theDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote