View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 09:19 AM   #28 (permalink)
Scribe
Base Member

Drives: Touring-Sport-Manual
Scribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCZ View Post
Denny, it's getting old quick.

Not everyone here wants sound, not everyone here wants performance. Not everyone on your coveted Vette forums wants to see power power power. If I get on the vette forums and give you guys a great set of headers that sound like **** no one will buy it. I'm a little disappointed that you cant see past the few people on here that want bling. There's people like that everywhere.

Also, where on this thread do you see ANYONE talking about caring about sound rather than performance. Almost every post wants to know power gains and what the torque curve looks like. I think you've just been saving that comment because you are getting frustrated with some people who want to take the car a different direction than you. You don't have to be disappointed, just understand that people like different things.

This isn't anything personal, but sometimes we may get into trends that other people start finding annoying and someone needs to let us know. I like your performance-focused approach. I am the same way, just take it easy.
RCZ is right. While most people that buy a Z that you'll find on a forum are interested in performance, numbers on a dyno aren't the ultimate measure of a car for everyone. If they were, I'd have bought a base with sport pack, stripped it down, taken out the stereo and A/C and driven that noisy uncomfortable bucket around with an annoying drone for an exhaust note vibrating through the body. Would it be fast? Sure. Would I enjoy driving it daily? Absolutely not. For me, it's balace.

Denny, remember that practicality is application specific. My application is having a fast and fun daily driver, not a race car I drive on the streets.

For me an exhaust has to meet a lot of criterea before I purchase it. These include weight, power, quality, sound and looks. I don't want an exhaust that ruins the looks of my car any more than I want one that sounds like *** or doesn't make power. Why choose between looks, sound and performance? Demand it all and choose the one with the least compromise in what is more important to you.
Scribe is offline   Reply With Quote