View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 08:55 AM   #12 (permalink)
rednek01
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Mustang GT
rednek01 has a reputation beyond reputerednek01 has a reputation beyond reputerednek01 has a reputation beyond reputerednek01 has a reputation beyond reputerednek01 has a reputation beyond reputerednek01 has a reputation beyond reputerednek01 has a reputation beyond reputerednek01 has a reputation beyond reputerednek01 has a reputation beyond reputerednek01 has a reputation beyond reputerednek01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheth View Post
It gets compared because people like to look at these numbers HP 0-60 1/4 mile all comparable so people will make the comparison and wonder. So a battle ends the argument and you can't throw in there aftermarket parts as a caveat. The Z responds great to aftermarket parts so far. The stang is massed produced so it has a good following causing aftermarket parts to be cheaper because of more competition (my opinion) but at the end of the day your adding power to the Z and the stang still has to do something about its suspension just to match the stock suspension of the Z. This is all my opinion and based not great amounts of experience just some research.
I understand why they are being compared, I realize it is because of the numbers but what I am focusing on is the design and goals of each car are completely different. Yes the numbers are similar but no they are not both full fledged sports cars. This is where my aftermarket argument comes in, if you take a car that is having to appeal to so many different people and wants then the parts that come stock on the car are going to be fairly watered down to be able to handle more than just being a drag car or a sports car. So basically the mustang is a platform car meaning after you buy it you make it what you want whether it be a drag car, track car, or just a good looking cruiser. The Z from the factory is a sports car with the track in mind
rednek01 is offline   Reply With Quote