View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 08:23 AM   #9 (permalink)
rednek01
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Mustang GT
rednek01 has a reputation beyond reputerednek01 has a reputation beyond reputerednek01 has a reputation beyond reputerednek01 has a reputation beyond reputerednek01 has a reputation beyond reputerednek01 has a reputation beyond reputerednek01 has a reputation beyond reputerednek01 has a reputation beyond reputerednek01 has a reputation beyond reputerednek01 has a reputation beyond reputerednek01 has a reputation beyond repute
Default this is going to be a novel

I have seen this same review time and time again just different mags and different wording. I understand the fact that these are both roughly 30k cars, however that is where the similarities stop and I feel that we we are comparing apples to oranges. I am slightly biased towards the stang because I have been raised with stangs and had one of my own. I dated a girl that drove a 350z for about a year and fell in love with it as well so maybe I am not so biased...lets see!

I will start with the Z, the Z is truly an all out sports car 2 seats, small and light, and great track manners. If I was getting a SPORTS car I would definitely get a Z hands down because it is designed for that one purpose of being a sports car and hasn't been diluted to meet more markets other than the sports car market.

The mustang, one thing that people don't get about the mustang is that it isn't really a sports car, it isn't really a muscle car, it isnt really a cruising car. It is all of these combined which means it comes short in all areas but is able to reach a broad appeal in several markets. While I dream of the days where mustangs where more honed for muscle/sports car duties I have to realize this would be the fall of the mustang case in point the camaro. This is the reason for the mustangs success and why they will continue to produce it as such because it appeals to so many people whether you want a fun top down cruiser or an all out track car you can have it! Granted stock it isnt the best but take a gander at the aftermarket world and you will soon see how versatile these can be.

I guess the point I am trying to make is the mustang is not a really sports car it is a base platform that you can turn into anything where as the Z is a sports car so yea I would be pretty disappointed if the z lost to the mustang in the twisties

sorry for any run on sentences or grammar mistakes I am writing this as quick as possible before work!
rednek01 is offline   Reply With Quote