View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 07:54 AM   #5 (permalink)
Denny McLain
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z, 96CE hotrod
Denny McLain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPAuto View Post
We cannot say with 100% certainty what their systems are capable of simply because we have not tested it out ourselves.
-Hunter
I have to ask the poignant question...... why have you not dynoed any of the products you push? If I as your typical average Joe pay for access to dyno time, why does not a shop whom makes money off of performance products?

Maybe part of the answer lies here: COBB Tuning Blog G37 Intake Testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by drisko View Post
For the exhaust system, do you think their claim of 18whp for the exhaust includes high-flow cats and any sort of tune?

I would be very interested in purchasing ANY cat-back system that should 10+ whp gains over stock without any other modifications at all.

Thanks for your help!
No way in hell you're going to pick up 18 hp from only a cat back exhaust w/o removing the stock cats. Maybe replacing both.

I picked up 13 hp from high flow cats, Y-Pipe and high flow filters. The cats are double cats and appear to be very restrictive. The car totally changed how it sounded and also ran leaner after replacement with high flow cats. Next dyno session will be removing the exhaust after the Y-pipe to see how effective/ineffective the stock system is.

http://s412.photobucket.com/albums/p...s-y-pipe-1.jpg

Have an open challenge to Stillen to provide me an intake that I will dyno in the method of their choice paying out of my back picket to verify their claim of a 18 hp gain. So far no intake.

As a rule fo thumb, if I can get half of what the claimed hp gains are from simple boltons.... I'm a happy camper.

Last edited by Denny McLain; 03-11-2009 at 08:31 AM.
Denny McLain is offline   Reply With Quote