View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010, 04:27 PM   #34 (permalink)
Jeffblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z32TT & 335xi Coupe
Jeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloydy View Post
In the UK we get tought to drive stick when we get driving lessons. If you chose to, you can learn in an auto, but, if you take your test in an auto, you are only licensed to drive them, by law you are not allowed to drive a stick, that would require taking another driving test.

Hence my amazement that people are buying this car having never driven stick and are using it to learn
I learned on my friend's '87 300zx. i will perfect my driving on my 370Z. if you regardless of how much driving experience you have, you're gonna have to get used to the car sometime. its not like someone who gets this as their first MT is some kind of lost cause. they'll practice on some other car for 2 days. big deal. then they can get used to their Z. I give them credit. They are betting 30-40 grand that they will be able to learn and it shows that they feel confident that driving an MT is something EVERYONE can do (just like everyone who drives one says "its so easy i dont understand why everyone can't do it.' these people are saying 'screw it. i can learn"
Jeffblue is offline   Reply With Quote