View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010, 12:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
TBSS2008
Base Member

Drives: 11 Corvette GS 6spd
TBSS2008 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z eliminator View Post
Nice times. What air preasure did you run in the tires ?
Way too high 38psi. Its funny I checked the oil, clean out my filters, reset my ECU, but forgot to check the tires. Would this explain my wheel hop issue on hard launches?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercennarius View Post
Nice times....with a little more effort you should be able to squeeze a 12.9. Any other Zs out there that night?
Thanks I definitely need more practice on my launch.

I didn’t see any other Z’s out there in fact not very many tuner cars. A few Cobalt SS’s one of them ran a 13.0x. I didn’t get a chance to see what he had on his car, but it sounded pretty modified. I did see a Corvette C6 LS2 run 13.0x @ 113mph he was having launching issues as well, wheels were custom but I couldn’t tell if he had any performance parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
It's definitely going to be worthwhile. You'll be going from a system that shows no gains (and sometimes a loss) on a dyno with the hood open (read: with the hood closed you're losing power) to a system that shows peak gains of up to 18 whp (Stillen G3).
I just purchased an Invidia Gemini with the SS tips yesterday so the wife has said no more parts for a while! I did go mod crazy this month with the HFC and now the CBE.

You have brought up a good point about my Intakes so I am going to run a test next time I go the track, which will be after I get the Exhaust installed.

Takeda Intake Performance TEST:
I will swap the stock intake back on, reset the ECU and run the car 5 times. Then pull off the stock intake put the Takeda back on (At the track same night), reset the ECU and run the car 5 more times. If my car runs slower with the Takeda on then I will probably go back to the stock intake until I can get a Long Tube Intake. I hope it does well because I love the way they look and sound.

2009 370Z Black 7AT Touring Sport (TRADED)
TBSS2008 is offline   Reply With Quote