View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 07:39 PM   #54 (permalink)
MeetJoeAsian
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 350Z to G35c to 370Z
MeetJoeAsian is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
it's pretty easy to drive a manual z smoothly if you have driven a manual transmission german car (i.e. they are tougher to drive smoothly, imo)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSUPACK09 View Post
^ I'm gonna disagree on that one. I've driven an E92 335i 6MT several times and it seems a lot more refined and easier to shift smoothly than the Z.

I agree with all the other guys on here that it just takes time to find that "sweet spot".
The E92 335i and E46 M3 6MT's clutches are not the average German sports car clutch (I haven't driven an E92 M6 6MT yet, so I can't comment on that)...I have sold several E92 6MT, and I gotta say, their clutch is too soft...too much like the Toyota Corollas and Camrys clutches I think....it has too much give...it's way too buttery

if you want to feel the clutch of a German car, try a Porsche...I think that if you can master the clutch of a Porsche 911 Turbo, you can drive any stick...I had my 350Z 6MT back when and I had perfected clutching and shifting the 350Z, I was able to "race" the car off the line perfectly from a dead stop without over or under -revving and you couldn't feel my shifting...however, when I jumped a 911 Turbo, I thought it was gonna be the same, it took me awhile to perfect that clucth....now that's how you perfect clutching, by perfecting cluthing a Porsche...

Personally, I liked the 350's clutch much more than the 370's...I think the 350's clutch was shorter and firmer...I don't like the slight softness in the 370'z clutch...
MeetJoeAsian is offline   Reply With Quote