View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 02:50 PM   #44 (permalink)
LinPark
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
LinPark has a reputation beyond reputeLinPark has a reputation beyond reputeLinPark has a reputation beyond reputeLinPark has a reputation beyond reputeLinPark has a reputation beyond reputeLinPark has a reputation beyond reputeLinPark has a reputation beyond reputeLinPark has a reputation beyond reputeLinPark has a reputation beyond reputeLinPark has a reputation beyond reputeLinPark has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to LinPark Send a message via Skype™ to LinPark

Quote:
Originally Posted by labk888 View Post
Wow, thanks for posting that New Cars Pricing and Comparisons Local, Regional and National Car Price Reports at TrueCar link! That website is great!

Yes, I saw the table you created a few posts ago. When we bought my wife's altima a few years ago, this was the equation used to compute her out the door price.

* Dealer invoice
* Minus VPP discount (2.87%)
* Plus dealer added options, Security Plus, etc.
* Plus 2.5% delivery fee of dealer invoice after VPP discount has been subtracted
* Plus destination and handling charge
* Plus marketing assessment as applicable
* Minus applicable incentives
* Equals paticipant's purchase price

It looks like the only difference to that equation with Robert's plan would be the increased discount of 4.3% rather than the 2.87%. If I remember correctly, they added the dealer added options at invoice pricing.
The -2.87% and +2.5% is called Plan D - lots of people are eligible for that depending on who you work for and if they have a partnership with Nissan. Robert is basically being given the best option of all and passing it on to his friends here. The Plan D seems to involve a 2.87% discount and then the dealer pays 5% so they split the 5% in half and you pay 2.5% and they pay 2.5%. What Robert is offering doesn't have that added 5% cost so it really is a great deal - instead of getting a few hundred below invoice (Plan D) you are getting over a thousand below invoice (Plan A/B) but you don't have to haggle to get there.

You're welcome for the link - TrueCar is a great site - I actually found the link somewhere on this site for the first time.