View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 06:32 AM   #23 (permalink)
serge
Base Member

Drives: '05 Evo VIII
serge is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSnakeJake View Post
so i am looking for a new car around $30k. i just recently sold a '02 z06 vette, and before that owned a '03 cobra (modded), a '96 cobra, and a '00 mustang GT.

i have always been a ford guy, but wanted to try the vette for something different. i liked it, but the interior was extremely cheap and i don't like corvette owners in general.

i was considering a bmw m3, but after researching them they are a bitch to maintain and have a lot issues. the Z seems to be pretty reliable from what i have read, besides some tranny issues, the high pitched noise, and high oil temps. but i figure if i buy one it will be under warranty so i should be ok.

anyway, i was just looking for some objective opinion from previous mustang owners. i have yet to drive a 370z, but plan to as soon as the weather gets better. i am considering a 07/08 gt500, the 370z, or maybe the new '11 mustang when it comes out...
My three candidates are the 370Z, the M3 and the 335i. The Z is a whole lot of car for just $31k (Base with Sport pkg)

While M3s aren't cheap to maintain, I'm a bit clueless about the numerous issues you are referring to. M3s are pretty much bulletproof reliable, saving a few units with DCT transmission.
serge is offline   Reply With Quote