View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 03:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Hi-Step'n370Z
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '10ZR S/B AT Tour NV
Hi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond repute

if I'm not mistaken, 50 km = about 30 miles? If that's right, then mine had about 50 km on it when I took delivery. The other Z on the floor had 32 miles on it, so I don't think that's allot of miles to have on a car at delivery. I know that the mechanic does drive the car as part of the prep. I will add that probably the biggest concern about how many miles are on the car is that someone red lined the hell out of it. If you think of it, how can they do that while driving the car in normal traffic? These Z's do 0 to 60 in five seconds! I know it's possible for someone to abuse the car, but I don't think it's a common thing. Sure, once in a while a shopper will punch the car to get a feel for what it can do, but again, remember the 0 to 60 in five seconds. Can you imagine someone punching a Z! If he's not used to a car like the Z, he probably wouldn't get very far before he lost control. So, the had 80km's on it. The car was driven to the dealership which was 30km's away. That means that the car had 50 km on it. That's not that far off what I'd call normal, so did mine. Remember, the mechanic does drive the car as part of the prep and to drive it say 25 km to do that seems right. Maybe it was taken for a test drive, maybe not. Just drive your Z as per the break in instructions, and do the oil changes as suggested, and most likely your Z will giver you many good miles.Well, that's my two cents.
Hi-Step'n370Z is offline   Reply With Quote