View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 10:39 AM   #14 (permalink)
!xoible
Base Member

Drives: some car
!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
Another question, im getting better at starting first and reverse but reverse even with no foot on the gas it shoots backwards like a bat out of hell.

So heres what i end up doing for reverse.
#1 I end up keeping my left foot sort of pressed on the clutch
#2 I find if i let go of the clutch and press the brake to slow down = stall
#3 i find a clutch+brake combo = sort of slow reverse with out gas even used.
#4 I will either clutch all in + brake to stop or stall out cuz i forgot to put in clutch
Am i doing this wrong for a slow reverse?

For first gear, i end up doing same method,
#1 i let the clutch out slowly till i start to roll
#2 I start to put gas in at this point to assist
#3 i start to give more gas till im moving at a decent pace
#4 at this point i start easeing off the clutch
this seem accurate or am i doing it wrong?
when you back up get on the clutch just lightly until it starts moving then depress the clutch back and forth to make the car move as u want. riding the clutch (altho a horrible habit when normally driving) but when ur reversing it's what u gotta do. hoping ur not backing up for 1/4 of a mile lol

i figured 707 is very far, lol i was gonna offer to drive to where u are and show u but never mind that.

oh, on start do not get in the habit of getting the car move then gas. just rev it up to 1000 or 1500 then engage the clutch (stick to it for a second or 2) and go