View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 10:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
Red370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: your mom to church
Red370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minicobra1 View Post
Ok, first off, the S2000's little 4 banger puts out about 240bhp, and the car is about 600lbs lighter then the 370z. That motor is putting out a 120bhp per liter in comparison to ours which is about 89bhp per liter.
Real world test on the S2000 is 0-60 5.7 average, 13.8 1/4 mile. Now, compare that to the Z's numbers and tell me how much do you really think you were going to pull on it?

Also, your assuming they were stock, how do you really know, could of had a mellow exhaust and a tune, who knows, but even a stock S2000 will give you a run for the money. Heck my Mini Cooper Turbo sounds pretty stock, but with the tune I have and the mild cat back, intake, etc. it has surprised more then a few Vette's, Mustangs, etc. putting out 200fwhp and it's only 2500lbs :-)
Damm near as quick as the 370z.

Anyway, don't feel bad, there is nothing wrong with your car, you just didn't know what you were up against

On a side note, my Z, without a doubt, runs a little slugish when the oil temp hits 220, I can definitely notice the difference in responsiveness on a hot day compared to when the temps are in the 180 range. Only fix for that is an aftermarket oil cooler, which is something I will definitely be purchasing in the future.
I owned an S2k for a good while as one of my first tuner cars, while the horsepower was decent, theres only so much 162 ft/lbs will do for you. Mine actually dyno'ed at 173whp and 117 ft./lbs on a dynojet, broke my heart really. Truth be told, given its history, the S2k is a solid track car, but he should have pulled quite a bit. I'm a weekend warrior at the drags here, usually race one ever other week, and like i stated before, theres usually 1-1.2 second ET difference. Keep in mind that he also has the FI exhaust and G3's.