View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 07:34 PM   #37 (permalink)
Parrotguy
Base Member

Drives: '10 Roadster Touring
Parrotguy is on a distinguished road

I went in to my dealer in North San Diego yesterday prepared to order a roadster, white with wine int. & top. They had already contacted Nissan who told the dealer they had already "used up" their allocation of wine interiors, which they are "limiting" production on, whatever that means. So they said wait until March and then order. How ridiculous is that? They have a ready customer, dealer wanting to order, and they say call us next month! What would have been the harm in taking the order and putting me on a list? It makes me think they are making up an excuse for some other reason they don't want to disclose. The dealer didn't really get it either. (out of wine seats??)
Meanwhile we have Robert Nash posting here on 2/22 that Nissan wants to increase market share and that we can get a VPP claim number and buy at employee pricing.
If they want to ramp up sales why do they make ordering so hard? Reading this thread, its like they have a gauntlet for the customer - hardly any roadsters in inventory - then create obstacles to ordering. Sounds like they are trying to emulate BMW. If there was some inventory out there we could buy a car today instead of three+ months from now. Call Jerry, its bizzarro-world.
Parrotguy is offline   Reply With Quote